Followers

Tuesday, 23 December 2008

Dashing through the Snow!

Santa Rides
Prairie Schooler (2002)

Actually, Santa is riding in his hot air balloon, well above the snowy West Coast! It is very unusual for us here to get snow, let alone so much snow, but oh it's so pretty.

It's been a little strange with all this snow because it's made getting out and about not so easy. So, I 'cocooned' and went through my stash for my next stitch. Here is a progress shot of Quaker Alphabet by La-d-da which I started on Sunday.


You know, every time I switch from one count of linen to another, it's an adjustment. This time I am adjusting from 28 to 32 count. I know once I get into 32 count I'll love it again but right now it's a bit of a struggle. Now that I see the photo I wonder why I didn't do a better job getting the creases out of the linen! *sigh* Someone was impatient around here!

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

I am embarrassed to say that I've just started my baking today. Nothing like a deadline to motivate me so I'd better keep on going.

Thank you my friends for stopping by. I was so happy to get so many comments on my last post and from new visitors to my blog. Thank you so much! You've just given me such an early Christmas present!

I hope you will have a healthy, happy Christmas surrounded those you love (and Santa brings you a big stash of stitching goodies)!

13 comments:

Rowyn said...

I love Santa in the hot air balloon! I really like how you finished it too.

You asked what fabric I was stitching Bent Creek's Wedding Row on. It is 32 count Belfast Summer Khaki linen.

Wow, all that snow is so pretty. It's summer here at the moment and we've had two days of stinking hot weather, and today's it's raining (boo). I hope it clears up for the big day tomorrow!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

KarenV said...

Merry Christmas Melissa!

Michele said...

Hi Melissa, love your santa in the ballon :) congrats on the finish!

I'm a bit south of Everett, Washington .. we really are having the coldest snowest December aren't we. Hope you stay safe and warm for Christmas :)

xstitch.nl said...

Happy cocooning, Melissa! And a very Merry Christmas to you!!

mainely stitching said...

Stay warm and dry amid all that snow! Wishing you a very happy Christmas!!

Jane said...

Merry Christmas, Melissa! Your QA is looking great - stick with it, I'm sure you'll be happy with the colour. Thanks for the email too!

Lisa said...

I have that LaDDa ready to go for next year - can't wait!

Karoline said...

Merry Christmas Melissa

Leah said...

Love the PS finish!

Hope you're enjoying the snow. At least you know that it probably will be gone soon. Those of us east of you won't be so lucky. ;)

Merry Christmas!

kellieps3 said...

I love your Santa Rides! Such a cute design and lovely finish! :) Quaker Alphabet is a fun stitch. Enjoy your baking. Have a Merry Christmas! :)
Kellie

Lisa said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. All the best.

Loreta said...

Merry Christmas, Melissa!

Ruth said...

Merry Christmas to you. Still cocooning in the white stuff? :) Enjoy! Got any cookies left?

I love your high flying Santa.