Followers

Tuesday, 11 November 2008

What a lovely break it was!

As I write this, it's nearing the end of my 4 day weekend. What a lovely break it was! I didn't realized how tired I've been feeling. Oh to sleep in and wake without an alarm clock! Wonderful. I had a Sunday with just stitching and reading blogs - what a treat!

Yesterday the sun came out which was a wierd phonomenon! Oooooh, what's that brightness? Where are my shades? So, we went outside while it lasted. Today, I did much needed organizing and some housework so feel very virtuous. (I think I need another stash reward don't you?)

Here's progress on my Sally Spencer sampler. Once the 'frame' is stitched, I will stitch on my new words. It will be something fun and happy as deserving of the design. I hope it will turn out too!
Leena and Annemarie, thank you for your comments on the last post! Leena, I think it will be lovely to stitch your daughter's poem! Annemarie, I'm not sure how I will stitch those 2 lines but the right thing will come along and I'll know it then, and thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

While I was doing my organizing today, I found this UFO from my quilting days!
I think it's from around 1995 or so when I got into making small quilts. It's basted ready for the hand quilting so what happened? I dunno! I might've mentioned that I'm not great for finishing. I love selecting the fabric and quilt pattern and putting the quilt together, but the hand quilting (or machine) and finishing I'm afraid *yawn* I get bored by that point. I had taken a Sampler course and have probably a dozen lovely quilt blocks (burgundy, moss green, cream shades) but they sit patiently for some TLC one day!

I think I'd better get started on dinner. I am making the Japanese cold weather favourite at our house - Sukiyaki. You have all the ingredients laid out at the table and you cook the dinner at the table, kind of a variation on fondue I think. It's a bit of prep work but it's yummy. I hope Yuko reads this so she can send me some tips!

Having this breather made me realize I want to (and need to) try some new dishes. I do have new cookbooks so I just need to *gasp* spend a bit less time stitching/blogging! Can I do it? I guess time will tell.

Have a good week, my friends! Thank you for stopping by.

4 comments:

KarenV said...

Love your progress on Sally Spencer!

Margaret said...

Hi Melissa, how did the sukiyaki go? Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll certainly be rading yours too - although to be quite truthful I am what Edgar calls a lurker and I sometimes don't leave comments

Nicole said...

Your Sally Spencer is looking beautiful! I just ordered this chart after seeing yours! Your blog is such an inspiration to me! :)

staci said...

Your quilt is so lovely! And Sally Spencer is coming along nicely :)