Followers

Monday, 6 October 2008

Oooh-La-La!

Well, here we are, another Monday, another beginning of a long work week! But wait, what is that white envelope waiting for me when I got home today? It's Stash! It's Euro-Stash!!! Oooh-la-la! Toto is doing flips!

One day last month, I was bopping from one blog to another, following new links never seen before (!) when I found a SAL for this chart. The stitched portion just had the 2 houses, and the blog was in Spanish and it took me awhile to figure out the designer was Tralala, then I frantically searched for their charts.
Maisons de Campagne

Of course, once I found it, I found other charts I wanted to buy. I emailed my friend Leena and ordered this and two more charts from her store. There are more cute ones to be had - check it out!
ABC Bienvenue

Miss Tigri

Usually I would say I don't do "cutsy" but these just spoke to me. They really appeal to my whimsical side. I just love them. Somehow, Miss Tigri reminds me of my Miss Daisy. I'm sure this will not be the last of the Tralala designs in my stash. Oh what a lucky girl am I! Who cares if it's dark and rainy outside? Who cares if it's just Monday and there are 4 more days to go? I have new stash! Always a wonderful thing!

Life is quite busy at the moment. Work is crazy busy. The garden is calling for care because it's time to get it cleaned up and ready for the long sleep till spring. Books are calling as Fall is the season for the new books. I have holds on new books now arriving at the library and bookstores for me - on top of the usual novels, there are lots of great cookbooks! Then of course there's all the stitching ... sometimes, there's too much of a good thing and not enough time!

"An embarrassment of riches". Not sure where I've come across that expression before, but that's a good phrase. I am very thankful though, even if I do get a bit cranky I can't get to it all on the weekend!

I hope you are all well out there in Blogland and having fun stitching. Thank you for stopping by, and thank you for leaving your nice comments. Take care!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Melissa - I found your blog through Leena's, and was delighted to see that you are living in Vancouver! I'm living in the UK, but come from Duncan on the Island, so always love to read blogs from back home :) I've recently discovered Tralala too - aren't they great :)

staci said...

I've seen some of those charts on some of the French blogs...very cute :)

Tanya said...

Oooh - la -la is right! Those are darling, esp the kitty.

Tanya

Jane said...

Hi Melissa! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Your stitching is lovely and I see we have similar tastes. I love Miss Tigri and I'm going to check out Violarium and see what they have. It's great this information sharing. I'm glad you've had a look at The Thread Basket. I know, there's so many interesting things to buy. I could do another big order through them:) Another time maybe! I'll be sure to keep my eye on what you're stitching. Bye for now...