Followers

Sunday, 19 October 2008

BOAF Winter Sampler

I have started a new stitching project - Winter Sampler by Birds of a Feather. I still love their designs. The recommended linen is BOAF's Meadowlark. Now, I don't know if you are familiar with it. I've had this in my stash for a few years, but when I first got it in the mail, I wasn't sure what to think. It's a wierd green-yellow, with splotches! Hmmm. However, it turned out to be wonderful for Winter Sampler.
It was such a pleasure to start stitching this. Essentially it only has 3 colours. The onyx for the reindeer and some of the alphabet, with some of the alphabet in charcoal, then the light cream colour for the snow flakes! There is a little red heart which is really sweet. I am enjoying stitching this a lot. The other half of the Meadowlark will go to stitch BOAF's Sally Spencer later.

I've spent my down-time last week organizing my projects. Yesterday I went to the giant crafts store Michael's and got a bunch of DMC threads. A lot will go to my MM&IRR neighbourhood, but some will be for my Stacy Nash charts, and Tralala charts.

I am 'anxious' to get stitching again. I haven't had a finished project since August. Since joining Blogland it's been a lot of fun but also it's been very distracting! I have come across two very disconcerting events:
  1. Stitch Envy - this is when you visit other stitchers' sites and go "ooooohhhh, how lovely! I want to stitch that! Where can I find that chart?" then off I'd go looking - or - I see the exchanges and I sigh "oooooohhhh, wish I was getting that". (Next year I'll get into exchanges.) You see, Stitch Envy!
  2. Stash Envy - you all know what feeling when you see someone else's new (or existing) stash and say "LOOK at that!" with mouth hanging open. Again, very exciting but very distracting (especially on the budget).
As I post this it's Sunday morning and I've just come back from a walk with my friend. It's gorgeous outside, a wee break from the rain we've had all last week. I was finally able to get out there to do fall garden clean-up for a couple of hours yesterday so now feel a great sense of accomplishment!

I will leave you with another couple of finished stitching from 2003. I love these and they hang out together on a wall in our bedroom.
Kindness Sampler
Birds of a Feather
Completed 2003

Flower Basket
La-d-da
completed 2003

As usual, thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments from visitors (yes that's a hint) so please don't be shy. You can also email me as well. Have a great week, and happy stitching!

5 comments:

gainthewind said...

It is nice to know I am not the only one with Stitch Envy ;)

Annemarie said...

Stitch and Stash envy, who hasn't heard of it (or felt it. Deeply.)?
I get a touch of finish envy when I see your gorgeous framed pieces!

Great start also on the BBD design!

Jane said...

This new project is looking great and the fabric suits it so well. I know what you mean when you get some fabrics and you don't know what you'll use them for because of the colour. Then given time you find something that it's made for. Happy stitching!

staci said...

Well, I'm certainly feeling some stitch and stash envy over your new start! Love that fabric!!!

Yuko said...

Melissa,
I have the chart of Winter Sampler and it's in my future project list!
So I'm very exciting to see your progress here!
And wow they are gorgeous framed pieces!
Now I'm in stitch envy mode, lol as seeing yours!
I especially love the La-D-Da one, it's so beautiful!!
(I should search the one! lol)

Yuko