Followers

Thursday, 9 October 2008

Almost the weekend!

Well, there's one more work day to go till the long weekend for Canadian Thanksgiving. Work continues to be hectic and stressful so I am looking forward to a break. The weather has turned quite chilly this past week, dipping to 2-3 degrees. I'd better get out in the garden and do fall clean-up before the frost turn the plants to mush!

I am going to kit up a few stitching projects this weekend. Small projects. I have decided that I need to get some quick projects to complete so I feel that sense of accomplishment. I am also going to try making a pinkeep, or two! I found a couple stitched but unfinished ornament size pieces from many years ago so they will be good for my first try. Wish me luck.

Here are a couple of stitched pieces from a few years ago.

Garden House
Ewe & Eye & Friends
Completed 2003

I really like EEF but this is the only one I've stitched. When I saw the Tralala chart "Maisons de Campagne" the houses reminded me of this house.

Bloom
Birds of a Feather
Completed 2003

I've seen this chart featured in a few MM&IRR designs. It's such a fun and happy look. I don't know what's happened to the BOAF designers. I know the 'new' owner has decided to focus on needlepoint, and they are lovely, but I miss the x-stitch designs!

I hope to get more organized and get involved with some exchanges in the new year. If you have any suggestions let me know. I know we are living in very shaky economic times right now. I hope you are keeping well and stitching is keeping you in good company.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Your stitching BEE-U-TEE-FUL! Thanks for the nice words on my blog too. I am really nervous about this finishing stuff and have started looking at sites that feature finishing tips. I need more! My SBBB partner's bday is in the first part of the year - so I have to get BUSY! I may have to follow your lead and do some trials myself. I like the idea of pinkeeps or maybe a small pillow even, with tassles! Who knows!

Annemarie said...

Ooooh, I love these two designs!! They're gorgeous, and I think they would look fabulous in a MM&IRR.
Like you, I've decided to start (and finish) some smaller designs for instant satisfaction. My way of 'kitting up' though is to make a list of all the samplers I want to stitch and run them through an online Randomizer. Ah, the fun of looking forward to something...

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

I need to kit up a few things too, for the same reason. Good luck with the pin keep finish, I am sure it will be wonderful. Thanks for the pics. CJ(ok;-)

Dovilė said...

very beautiful, I love that designs too.