Followers

Saturday, 27 September 2008

One Week in Blogland

Art by Gaelle Boissonnard

My blog is one week old. Toto is looking pretty smug and sprite. We have found ourselves a very happy place in Blogland.

I had my worries about starting a blog because I felt I would disappoint as far as being able to produce enough stitching to keep people interested in coming back for visits. But one blogger said this to me "Just always remember that it is your site and you can blog about anything you wish!" That advice really was a light-bulb moment. Right! (Thank you for that.)

I have found that I took to blogging like fish to water - a big ocean of water! Seemingly limitless at this point. For this post, I want to talk about the name of my Blog - Words and Blooms - because originally I had planned on some stitchy name but then something different came to me out of the blue.

Words - I love the power of words and words in language. I have always loved to read. I can still recall some of my happiest moments were when I could bundle myself on the comfy couch, with blankets and a stack of reading material (and tea & cake wouldn't hurt). One Christmas holiday we had a lot of snow, unusual for Vancouver, and I sat lengthwise on the couch like so, with a good book as the snow fell heavily outside. Pure Bliss! And somehow reading just flowed right into writing.

Blooms - I love to garden and we have a lovely garden with a lot of fragrant Englishes roses. But Blooms are about a lot more than flowers. Beneath your fingertips, your stitches slowly bloom over the linen. When you hug a child who is hurt, and your fingers brush away tears, a smile blooms on the child's face. Whenever your nurture, something blooms.

Roses & Alstromerias from our garden

Today, I have finally organized a lot of my stash, and finalized my design for MM&IRR. Now, truly I can get back to stitching Elizabeth Saville 1841.

I am having such fun with this blog. Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

5 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Your blooms are beautiful, as are your words.

linenstitcher2 said...

Welcome to Blogland, Melissa! You've featured some lovely stitching finishes during your first week. I like many of the same designers as you, so I'm adding you to my Google Reader so I can visit again soon!

Looking forward to seeing your MM&I project!!

Annemarie said...

Hey Melissa, I found your blog via our MM&IRR blog, and thought I'd have a peek... Well, I'm hooked! After only one week I think you've created your very own personal space on the web already, a real home for friends to visit. And your stitching is simply gorgeous. I'm a fan!

Concetta said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog -- especially as I've now been able to find yours! What a treat! I don't think there's a single thing you've stitched that I don't LOVE. I see you're a big fan of Blackbird Designs and Birds of a Feather too; and your photos (as well as your stitching) are an inspiration.

I'll be back often to see your progress! I'm very happy you decided to start your blog!

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛