Followers

Thursday, 25 September 2008

DH as Intrepid Photographer

This is going to be a quick short post. I'd wanted to befriend our digital camera more so I can take better photos of the stitching on my blog. While I had asked my DH to take the photo of the Leisure Arts leaflet I talked about yesterday, he has become the Intrepid Photographer and he's now experimenting with lighting and all that jazz. So, much thanks for the photos, honey!

Strawberry Garden
Blackbird Design
Completed 2008

I love this design. I stitched the basket in an open weave rather than the solid stitches because I found them too heavy. I quite like the change. This piece hangs together with the following one as they go so well together.

Where My Heart Blooms
Blackbird Design
Completed 2008

This was the first Loose Feather release of 2008 and still my favourite of the LF releases this year. I am looking forward to stitching the final Mystery Sampler.

TGIF tomorrow! Stash report is coming this weekend. (Yippppppeeeeee!)

6 comments:

Lennu said...

Oh how I enjoy reading your blog, thanks for updates! You've really stitched beautiful pieces and your DH has taken lovely photos.

I really enjoyed reading how you started to cross stitch. I'm afraid I don't have a story like that to share, as I'm not sure when I stitched the first stitches. I have been stitching something small every now and then, but it was in France when it turned serious. Or actually just after that, when we returned to Finland and I found a site of a stitcher who organized exchanges. I participated in the first exchange of my life, it was a biscornu exchange and I was hooked! Both in stitching and exchanges...

Tanya said...

Such a lovely blog you have! I've added it to my list of daily reads. Your BBD is lovely - I have the one, WHERE MY HEART BLOOMS, in the grand pile of wips. It is my favorite also of that series.

Enjoy the weekend,
Tanya

Maria said...

Beautiful stitchings! And great photos as well.

nnikyes said...

Melissa, you stitch so beatiful!! The reason i began to stitch was.. i need to relax me... and with stitch... i've got it...

Kisses from Spain...
Monica

Becky K in OK said...

Hello, I found your blog through Leenas. I love your BBD's and I'm so envious. All of these are sitting in my stash.

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

I love Strawberry Garden, it is one of the few LF charts I never was able to get, it came and went in a flash. Where My HEart Blooms came out great too. CJ(ok;-)